Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Latapie House, in Floirac by LACATON VASSAL Architects

This semester, I am involved in a metal shed residential house design project. During my research on metal shed housing, I found this very interesting house in Floirac. The shed uses corrugated metal sheets and polycarbonate sheet as the external skin cladding.


Wondering how does it feel like staying in this kind of low-cost efficiency metal house with a open space looking through the garden. ^.^





^.^ I am sure this kind of metal shed housing WILL NOT work in Malaysia due to the hot sunny weather. However, due to client's brief, I will need to consider the climate control to maximise energy efficiency~ Best Luck to my Metal Shed Art House Design.

1 comment:

Hwei Cheng said...

Pretty interesting I must say! Something different for a change! One thing I am concern though. The fact that it seems theres a lack of privacy maybe? LOL! Like if I wanna nap like a pig on the couch, I definitely do not want to be revealed with the open space concept. HEHEHE! yes...I looove sleeping like a corpse... Daniel says it is better to term it as a Pig instead... LOL